Classification of Animals
Scientists have divided the Animal Kingdom into two main groups:
1- Invertebrates (animals without a backbone)
Animals with backbones can be divided into five more groups:
Mammals , Birds, Fish, Reptiles, Amphibians
• Give birth to live young. • Are warm-blooded
• Feed their babies with their own milk. • Are more or less covered with hair or fur.
• Have feathers. • Lay eggs. • Are warm-blooded.
• Are cold-blooded. • Lay eggs (but some do give birth to live young).
• Have a moist skin covered in scales. • Breathe through gills.
• Are cold-blooded. • Lay eggs. • Have a dry skin covered with scales.
• Are cold-blooded. • Lay eggs.
• Have a smooth, moist skin. • Are able to live on land as well as in the water.